When planning a wedding it seems like the song choices get pushed to the bottom of the planning priority list. I totally understand that there are a million and a half other thing that are incredibly pressing and the music always seems like an easy thing to pull together at the last-minute. But, unless you’re the “they’re playing our song” type of couple it can be sort of stressful picking all of the major songs for the wedding. I don’t know about you but Joe and I had a terrible time trying to decide on a song for our fist dance with me being more vintage country/indi-girl band loving and him being more modern rock/terrible 2003 pop-punk loving. We settled on some great songs… but man it took us a while to get there.
Today, I actually (and naturally) came across three lists of love songs that I think are just wonderful and fairly eclectic.
First is Jenny Lewis’ ultimate Valentine’s Day Playlist from Spin:
The best part about this playlist is how retro and funny some of the songs are; perfectly Jenny (not that I know her of course but I’ve been idolizing her for approximately the last decade).
Next is the Top 10 Love Songs (Probably of All Time) brought to you via Hello Giggles (They actually give you 30 love songs, but I thought that was a little much). Disclaimer: They have chosen their favorite artist cover for the Top 10 songs.
1. “I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston (I prefer the Dolly Parton version; personally)
2. “Take My Breathe Away” by Berlin
3. “Make You Feel My Love” by Adele
4. “I Don’t Want to Miss A Thing” by Aerosmith
5. “I Can’t Help Falling In Love” by UB40
6. “To Be With You” by Mr. Big
7. “I’ve Had The Time Of My Life” by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes
8. “4 and 20” by Joss Stone
9. “You Got What I Need” by Joshua Radin (Honestly, all of his songs make me melt in a sort of embarrassing way)
10. “All You Need Is Love” by The Beatles (Obviously!)
The last list is from Apartment Therapy in a post called Musical Valentines: A Playlist for Lovely Bedrooms. This post is just entirely lovely! Please check it out! There were 13 songs on this list, but I’ve only included 10 to keep with the theme.
1. Devendra Barnhart: “Lover” (this would be a fun first dance song!)
2. Heart: “Alone”
3. Richard Hawley: “Baby You’re My Light”
4. Barry White: “You’re My First My Last My Everything”
5. Extreme: “More Than Words”
6. The Pretenders: “I’ll Stand By You”
7. Hall & Oats: “You Make My Dreams Come True”
8. Sade: “By Your Side”
9. The Carpenters: “Close To You”
10. After Hours: “We Are Scientists”
Well, I hope you loved this post. It’s sort of silly, but that’s sometimes good for a wedding. Let me know what your wedding song is/was! I’d love to hear what you really think these lists are missing!